Fall 2021 Sections
|CRN||Day||Start Time||End Time||Group||Delivery|
|51043||Thursday||9:50 AM||11:05 AM||Face to Face (in person)|
|51044||Wednesday||3:30 PM||4:20 PM||Face to Face (in person)|
|51045||Monday||1:00 PM||1:50 PM||Face to Face (in person)|
|51046||Tuesday||2:50 PM||4:05 PM||Fully Online – Synchronous|
|51047||Monday||9:15 AM||10:05 AM||Face to Face (in person)|
|51048||Wednesday||2:15 PM||3:05 PM||Face to Face (in person)|
|51140||Friday||11:45 AM||12:35 PM||Face to Face (in person)|
|52025||Thursday||8:10 AM||9:25 AM||Distance Education: Social Work||Fully Online|
|52024||Tuesday||11:30 AM||12:45 PM||Face to Face (in person)|
|53642||Monday||10:30 AM||11:20 AM||Face to Face (in person)|
|53643||Thursday||8:10 AM||9:25 AM||Veteran||Face to Face (in person)|
|53644||Friday||2:15 PM||3:05 PM||Face to Face (in person)|
Use the CRN numbers above to register for TRNS 201 – Transitioning to Rocky Top.
The curriculum for TRNS 201 involves topics that support a transfer student experience during the first year at UT. The course is designed to enhance a transfer student’s strengths through modules that contribute to critical thinking, adjustment into student and academic life at UT, open discussions, and group collaborations that focus on issues important to transfer student success. This course is open to all transfer students within their first two semesters at the University of Tennessee. Sections are capped at 20 students per section. One credit hour course. Grading Restriction: ABC/N grading only.
Topics Covered in Seminar
- Discovery and enhancement of Clifton Strengths
- Academic and Learning Strategies
- Library and Research at UT
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Financial Literacy
- Career and Academic Exploration
- Campus Resources
Seminar Goals and Learning Outcomes
- Evaluate transition into UT, design a plan for both their academic and career goals
- Recognize and locate college resources that support academic and personal growth.
- Engage in academic exploration and career exploration.
- Apply academic strategies, including goal setting, time management, and study strategies.
- Identify and explore ways to expand on individualized top 5 Clifton Strengths.
- Discuss diversity and inclusion through the lens of self-exploration and open dialogue
TRNS 201 Course Components
The goals and student learning outcomes of TRNS 201 encourage consistency across sections, while supports instructor flexibility in designing and implementing the curriculum. Each section will include the following common components:
- Instructors are faculty/staff who supports the Transfer Experience
- Common Syllabus
- Connection to Campus Resources
- TRNS 201 Peer Mentor
- Transfer E-Portfolio