UT faculty and exempt staff may apply to instruct a section of TRNS 201: Transitioning to Rocky Top.
This seminar is listed as a 1-credit course and carries a grading scale of A, B, C, or NC (No Credit).
This one-credit course co-taught by yourself and at least one undergraduate Peer Mentor. Additional teaching support is provided by the First-Year Studies staff, through resources available online, at the annual FYS Conference, and ongoing professional development opportunities.
All applicants must have a master’s degree. Applicants must also be faculty or exempt staff status.
Compensation varies by position at the university, generally speaking instructors are compensated $1,500 for each section taught unless it is written into the position the individual holds. The stipend is taxed at the supplemental pay rate or transferred to departments for professional development use.
To ensure consistency in all TRNS 201 sections, instructors must follow the requirements specified in the 2020 TRNS 201 Instructor Contract. (Review contract before applying)
- Attend the FYS Conference on April 27, 2020.
- Prepare your syllabus in accordance with the TRNS 201 “common” syllabus and include the required text and assignments.
- Consult with your Peer Mentor prior to the start of classes and utilize him/her as a resource throughout fall term.
- Respond to requests for feedback on students via Academic Alert.
- Participate in required University of Tennessee instructor and FYS departmental course evaluations.
- Prepare for and attend all scheduled course sessions (including Career Services visit, visit to the Library, etc.).
If you have questions about teaching TRNS 201, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone 865-974-3523.