Meagan is from Louisville, Kentucky. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Communication and a Master of Arts in Higher Education Administration, both from the University of Louisville.
“Throughout my undergraduate career at the University of Louisville, I found a love for working with first year students as a member of the Student Orientation Staff and Peer Advisor program. Being able to make a difference in an individual’s life is what keeps me motivated!”
Meagan has over 12 years of experience in higher education with background in academic advising, teaching, peer mentoring groups, and advising student organizations ranging from Greek Life to Student Government.
Currently, Meagan serves in the following roles advising student groups:
- Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society, Co-Advisor for the University of Tennessee chapter
- Sigma Kappa Sorority, Collegiate Coordinator for the Alpha Delta chapter (University of Tennessee)
- Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity, Faculty Fellow for the TN Alpha chapter (University of Tennessee)
Professionally, Meagan maintains membership with:
- Association for Orientation Transition Retention in Higher Education (NODA)
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- Southern Association for College Student Affairs (SACSA)
- National Academic Advising Association (NACADA)
Most recently, Meagan was selected to attend the Mid-Managers Institute hosted in partnership with NASPA and SACSA.
Meagan will serve as the primary contact for all aspects of the FYS 101 The UT Experience seminar, TRNS 201 Transitioning on Rocky Top seminar, and Peer Mentor program.
Greve Hall, Room 205