Transition advisors assist the following students
- Students in transition at UT: dismissed from their major/college or seeking admission into a competitive major
- Transfer student orientation: students not admitted into major of choice
- First-Year student orientation: assist other colleges
- Transfer students in the admissions application process (beginning fall 2019)
- Pre-transfer students enrolled at Pellissippi State Community College Division Street campus (beginning fall 2019)
Coaching with our Academic Success Advocates and Follow Ups on Academic Alerts
- ASA’s will assist with the management of Academic Alerts within GradesFirst.
- ASA’s will follow a case management model that will facilitate support to students in a collaborative and holistic manner.
- ASA’s will connect students to academic, social and personal support resources that best align with their situation.
Peer Mentor Recruitment
Peer mentors are undergraduate students who assist faculty and staff instructors in a section of FYS 101 for the fall and spring term. Nominate students who you think would make great mentors. Applications open in November.Nominate a Student to be a Peer Mentor