La Tisa Bright grew up in Evanston, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago. Shortly after graduating high school, La Tisa decided to relocate to Knoxville, TN to be closer to family. She soon after started her career in administrative support at the University of Tennessee where she worked on the Ag Campus in 2001. After a few years, she transferred to the School of Art working with students and faculty for the programming office.
The experience of working so closely with students gave La Tisa more passion for working with people. After the First-Year Studies office opened its doors in 2011, La Tisa took another opportunity to work with faculty and students under the Student Success Administration. Currently, she is the office manager for FYS, she supervises our student assistants, oversees the FYS budget, is the Banner specialist, in addition to providing administrative support to all FYS staff and external communications.
She is a proud mother of four beautiful children. When she's not at work helping others, she enjoys reading inspirational quotes, music and cooking. A self-proclaimed "cosmoholic", La Tisa loves fashion, cosmetics and finding the beauty around her.
La Tisa's Role in FYS:
- How to make an appointment on GradesFirst
- Ways to work as a front desk student assistant
- What is the CRN for FYS 129, section 201…?
- Making an appointment with an ASA or the director of FYS
- B.A.-Psychology, University of Tennessee
- A.A.-Liberal Arts, Pellissippi State Community College
- Currently cohort of the 1st UConnecT leadership program