Assistant Director, FYS 101 & Peer Mentors
Dr. Christin Roberson is an army brat but calls Milwaukee, Wisconsin home. She has worked in both the public and private sectors of higher education in Residential Life, Online Learning, Undergraduate Research, Leadership Development, and First-Year Experience. She is a Gallup-Certified Strengths Coach that utilizes her top 5 strengths by developing genuine relationships (Relator) with others by learning (Learner) about their talents, helping them be productive in life (Achiever) by coaching others (Developer) to make good decisions (Deliberative) that build off of their strengths. She integrates a strengths-based approach in the courses and programs she oversees - FYS 101 and the FYP Peer Mentoring Program.
"Success is loving what you do so much that you're willing to do it for free and doing it so well that people are willing to pay you for it."
Doctor of Education, Higher Education Leadership, Azusa Pacific University
Master of Education, Educational Organization and Leadership, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, Alverno College
Awards and Recognitions
- UnDocuAlly Training Program, San Jose State University, 2018
- Roberson Strength & Partnership Award, Los Angeles Pacific Unversity, 2017
- Gallup-Certified Strengths Coach, Gallup Organization, 2017-Present
- Recruiting and serving hard-to-reach populations (Priority 5 TRIO Training), Sonoma State University, 2015
- Strengths Approaches to Higher Education Leadership and Student Success Certificate, 2015
Selected Presentations & Programming
- Building a Strengths Campaign From Scratch, CliftonStrengths Summit, 2017
- What's Right with You? Pre-Freshman Summer Enrichment Program, Morehouse College, 2016
- Leadership and Career Certificate Program, San Jose State University, Aug 2018
- Strengths Week, Los Angles Pacific University, 2014-2017
- Roberson, C. L. (2018). Legitimate Narratives: An Action Research Study of a Strengths-Oriented Educational Approach to Uncovering Black Male Stories of Success in Higher Education (Doctoral dissertation, Azusa Pacific University).
- Roberson, C. L. (Winter 2017). Intentional Sabbath. Resonance - A Theological Journal, 3.4, 72-77. https://theologicalresonance.com/