Expectations of a Peer Mentor
- Attend First-Year Programs Conference
- Attend all 401 courses (for new Peer Mentors)
- Attend all fall seminar classes
- Serve as a role model and mentor to your FYS 101 or TRNS 201 students
- Assist your FYS 101 or TRNS 201 instructor with the course
- Communicate with FYP Staff and Peer Mentor Coordinators
- Help recruit and select new Peer Mentors
More on expectations and commitments can be found in the Peer Mentor Contract.
- The link below redirects to Volink where you will need to sign in and complete the application. Use your NetID and password to log in.
- You cannot save the application and come back to it. You must fill it out in one sitting.
- You must have one UT reference (no undergraduate students may serve as a reference). Ask your reference to complete the reference form using the following link: https://forms.gle/5TT95MEL5DNqqf397.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have never served as a Peer Mentor before, you must complete FYS 401. This is a 1-credit hour course that you will take in Fall 2021. If you have questions or concerns, please email Madelyn Hart.