Choose one of the following goal setting activities.
Journey to Graduation
As a result of the Journey to Graduation activity, students will…
- recognize and reflect on the differences between college and the high school environment,
- identify habits of successful students as well as potential pitfalls to graduation, and
- synthesize this information through classroom discussion with peers.
We have provided you with two different options. Working with your Peer Mentor, choose whichever option works best for both of you.
The “Journey to Graduation – B – Cards” are the materials you will need to complete the “B” option. it is attached as a word document to make it easier to edit and print.
Successful in College App Build
- Help student highlight challenges they may face in college, and identify resources on and off campus for support
- Normalize common fears and challenges among first-year students.
- Allow Instructor and PM to learn what concerns their students are currently facing in regards to the year ahead.
- Briefly share resources that address the student’s concerns.